Updates From The Past

For labor day weekend there was a family reunion at Camp Emahaus in Illinois. Our family has been going to this camp since for over 50 years and my Aunt's ashes are spread here. My Uncle Phil who married Thanksgiving 2006 brought his wife Karen and she is so much fun and brought their dog Perry. Then it was my mom, dad, brother, grandma, grandpa, great aunt Edna and great uncle Dale, Gretchen, and great uncle Ned. It between building puzzles, camp dinners, and hiking, it was an awesome weekend. My uncle Ned flew in for Sunday and took us all up for a flight in his plane. Despite the lack of air conditioning, in-flight service, and baggage check, it was so neat to fly. His plane was really small and I got to speak in the headset so I felt real cool.


Last week was my mom's birthday week. On Monday...the big day I woke up at the break of dawn to make her breakfast. I kept hearing this weird clinking sound. But forged ahead with a three egg omelet, toast, oj, the works. Then I discover the source of the sound, it was my mom eating her cereal in her bedroom...awesome. Nonetheless, for dinner we definitely took advantage of the day and dined at Scholars Inn where I ate a $31 filet mignon dinner yum! And then the following weekend my brother came down and we tailgated for the Oregon game. He accidently left the tickets at his apartment so unfortunately we had to buy 6th row tickets holla! We were so close and even though we lost it was an awesome game to watch. On Sunday my brother and I had an Iron Cook competition. He created the entree dish while I battled for first place in the bakery department. The dinner was yummy but mom's week as coming to an end and kimmy's was on the horizon.