late night laze

how is it that i can lay on my couch yawning for 2 hours straight and as soon as i lay down in bed sleep is the furthest from my mind. myswell be somewhat productive even though the thought of how few hours i've slept in the past few days makes me cringe. think i'm gonna cut the afternoon soda out of my daily schedule. but really how can one pass up free soda pop at work?


today was my first real legit day at the job. no more NHO bootcamp. no more babysitting. i wandered into work at 8:03 AM. i was all fine and dandy making a mock website about how amazing i am, making a pie chart of my weekend activities until mohammed pinged me. 'diane what are you billing your hours to this week?' my heart started racing when i realized that i am now swimming solo in the scary world of consulting and i better get off this bench before my more frequent anxiety attacks start taxing my potential lifespan. so i met with my CAM and drafted all these awesome goals about who and what i want to be; any progress towards this direction is to not be discussed HORSE CART PEOPLE [thanks fessler]. in the afternoon i got a nifty little project to do. after talking big game about how easy it was going to be it only took me 20 minutes to realize that i know nothing. i cannot even determine if commerce done in canada would make a firm international or what the correct definition of a sub-brand could possibly be. let's hope tomorrow gets better.

on a more jovial note i did some second hand shopping with the lovely monica harvey on sunday. had a blast. bought 6 skirts and nothing else. keeps me from having to do laundry this week. i took her to, can you guess it, JOY's for lunch where we commenced to enter our third trimester of thai noodle baby. #9 Bai Tong you will always have my heart. after crawling home and playing family feud online for about 3 hours i hit downtown chi for some grouponing. brain and i went to see Friends With Benefits :-] the smiley face is referencing that i had a good time. as for the movie i would wait until it hits redbox. not bad but not amazingly good either. i wish we would have held out for smurfs 3D.

well i'm going to try and hit the hay. tomorrow i've gots post work plans so i have to get my beauty sleep now. thanks for listening!